Saturday 8 October 2011

Cemetery Gates

After last weekend's unbearable late summer heatwave, today's return to Autumn was perfect for a visit to Nunhead Cemetery. Located only a short walk from where I live, this is one of the least known and visited "magnificent seven" Victorian cemeteries of London. It's a welcome oasis of quiet and woodland away from the bustle of the city, and its state of disrepair only adds to the charm. And since today's also my birthday, what better time to wander around whilst pondering my own mortality

Here are some more photos...












2 comments:

  1. love that last shot of the gravestone framed with ivy roots, makes me wonder whats going on underground. bones and roots mixing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost missed that gravestone as it was off the main path hidden amongst the trees

    ReplyDelete